Saturday, February 9, 2013

Thred Up!

My husband and I try very hard to teach our children the importance of giving to others, since everything we have is really God's! He loans it to us to use for His Glory!  Our church has started building a new building, and this past Sunday the kids had a special lesson on how they can play a very important part in the new building, which is ultimately for them! My princess came home with grand ideas of jewelry she could make and painting she could do to sell and earn money to give back.  Knowing that my precious 6 year old could not make anything worth paying for....I began to think of other ideas...and then it hit me!  A few months ago a friend told me about this site...ThredUp!  I LOVE this site!  It is an online consignment. You can find great deals on clothing for your children, BUT the best part is that you can request a bag be sent to you.  You fill the bag with gently used clothing (there is a detailed list on their site of what they accept) and send it back to them (the bag has a prepaid postage stamp on them).  They go through your clothes and pay you!  You can use the money to buy things from their site, or cash it out!  SO, tonight, my kids went through their closet and filled a bag.  I will put the bag in the mail Monday and then we wait....Once, I receive word on how much money our clothes are worth, then I will give that amount to the kids so that they can give!  It is the easiest garage sale ever!  I am excited to see how God uses the little we are doing to bring Glory to His Name!

Also, if you decide to use ThredUp please click here, so that I get credit for sending you!  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment